Hiram Lodge No. 25

Officers

 Michael Barnard, PM   Worshipful Master
 David Laucius, PM   Senior Warden
 Clinton League Jr.   Junior Warden
 Cody Lockwood, PM   Secretary
 Cesar Aniceto, PM   Treasurer
 William Anthes, PM   Senior Deacon
 Darin Lorenzen   Junior Deacon
 Ricky Milewski   Senior Steward
 Kelly R. Johnson   Junior Steward
 William Anthes, PM   Tiler
 Open   Chaplain

Past Masters

Cody C. Lockwood, PM 2020-2022 Gerald C. Brennan, Jr. 2019
Michael W. Barnard 2018 Cesar E. Aniceto 2017
Bruce G. Fine 2016 Alexander T. Selimov 2015
Bruce A. Kitchen 2014 Jared I. Card 2013
William K. Brown 2012 James E. Hendricks 2011
Walter J. Klein 2010 Ronald L. Dawson 2009
William P. Anthes 2008 Milton Landis 2007
John R. Evans 2006 Jeffrey R. Evans 2005
Ralph E. Snyder 2003 Neil J. Sobocinski 2002
Allan B. Cebrat 2001 Charles C. Campbell 1999
David H. Laucius 1998 Rev. James R. Herrington 1997
James L. Teal 1996 Richard C. Windle 1995
David C. Rodeheaver 1994 Ronald L. Holt 1993
Samuel E. Inman 1989 Theodore M. Ryser 1988
David L. Majors 1987 Wayne M. Lee 1983
Ralph A. Walker 1982 L. Wayne Usilton 1981
Donald F. Schneck 1979 Donald D. Thomas 1978
Ronald C. Jamison 1977 Everett L. Landis 1971

History

Hiram Lodge No. 25 A.F. & A.M. located in Newark, Delaware was chartered June 27, 1870.

In that time, 140 different Masters have governed the Lodge including four, who served as Grand Master of Masons in Delaware; Levin Irving Handy in 1905, Edward Webb Cooch in 1923, Clarence Albert Short in 1941, and most recently Donald D. Thomas in 2005.

Hiram Lodge No. 25 meets on the second Monday of the month in the Masonic Temple located at 207 East Delaware Avenue in Newark. Construction of the building began in September 1949 on a parcel of land donated by Brother Norris N. Wright. The cornerstone was laid with a Masonic ceremony on November 5, 1949 and the completed building was dedicated in May 1950.

Since 1906 no Worshipful Master has governed the Lodge for more than one year. Many members have given their time and effort to support Hiram Lodge and the community. In the recent past, eight Brothers have received the Grand Lodge Award of Honor: Wilkin L. Brown, Donald L. Davis, James Harkness, James Kelley, William W. Miller, and J. Earl Newman, James Kelley and Lee D. Gray.

Hiram Lodge No. 25 maintains a charity fund to assist people in need and in a recent year that support totaled $650.00 in charitable support to the community. Over the years Hiram Lodge has also provided community service, most recently by annually ringing the Holiday Bells for the Salvation Army and participating in the State’s Adopt-A-Highway program. In addition, the Lodge invites the widows of deceased members to join the Brothers and their wives for an evening together.

Hiram Lodge shares their building with Solomon Lodge No. 36, which was constituted by the Grand Lodge of Delaware on October 28, 1967 under the sponsorship of Hiram Lodge. The building is also occupied by St. John’s Chapter No. 4, Royal Arch Masons and Job’s Daughters Bethel #9. Further, many members from Hiram Lodge No. 25 are active in other organizations within the Masonic family where they often provide important leadership and support. Hiram Lodge is proud to belong to the Masonic family in Delaware and looks forward to continuing the proud tradition of service to the fraternity and community.